The Bout of Books readathon is a week long event where you try to read more than you usually do. There are also giveaways and challenges, but those are optional, as are the well-frequented Twitter chat. It runs from the 18th till the 24th of August. To sign up, visit the Bout of Books sign up post.
I’ve participated in many editions of this readathon, but lately I hadn’t really felt like it, because it’s always at a time that doesn’t work for me. This time it’s during my summer break, so I should be able to commit to at least a few books. I’ll update my progress within this post instead of making a new post every day. This time I’m going to go light on the goals, especially on the participation ones like challenges and chats, because during the Bout of Books I already have some stuff planned (like going to Gamescom) so I probably won’t be able to be online every day.
- Visit at least 10 blogs
- Read at least 2 books
- Participate in 1 challenge
- The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith
- Unhinged by A.C. Howard
- Atonement by Ian McEwan
- The Hot Zone by Jayne Ann Krentz
- I participated in the first Twitter chat. Whoo! It was incredibly hectic, but pretty awesome
- Finished the book I was reading before the readathon started, Age of Iron!
- I also visited a TON of blogs, so I’ve easily surpassed my goal of visiting 10 blogs during the readathon. It’s great finding all of these cool new blogs I’ve never visited before
- Read a nice comic (Batman: Gotham by Gaslight) as a break from heavier book
- Managed 70 pages so far of The Hot Zone, another of my review books
Total pages read: 470 (350 of Age of Iron, 50 of Batman: Gotham by Gaslight, 70 of The Hot Zone)